[Asterisk-Users] Legacy PBX integration

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 21:10:47 MST 2006

Hmm...  In my case, it could be just dumb luck.  I found some instructions
on setting up DID on my pbx, and started that.  Part way through, I wasn't
sure what the rest of the instructions were talking about and felt I was
getting in too deep.  So, I decided to see what would happen if I just tried
it.  It worked.  Since this is only a temporary solution until we move
completely off the pbx to Asterisk, I felt like I didn't need to find out
why it worked, just be thankful that it worked.

It sounds like your system is just answering the line and not paying
attention to any DID information.  I was able to find a lot of information
on the tek-tips.com forums for the Merlin Legend.  You may try a search on
there and see.

Was DID working in the past, or have you just added it with the addition of
the Asterisk system?

On 4/30/06, Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to> wrote:

> Thanks!  The PBX is a Alcatel Novo Supreme. All calls go straight into the
> auto attendant no matter whoch extension I dial on the Zap group the PBX
> is connected to.  I tried dialling in by hand using several combinations
> but I always get the auto attendant.
>
> How do you transfer the call straight to the extension the fax is on? I
> guess using a Dial command fro *?
>
> I suspect that the PBX is missing some signalling.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
>
> > Also, what is the legacy PBX?  On the Merlin Legend, for instance, there
> are
> > special Class of Services that can be setup to go straight to the auto
> > attendant.  I'm not sure if that's what you need or not.  The other
> question
> > is, why can't you transfer the call straight to the extension the fax is
> > on?  Again, on the Legend, it defaults (I guess) to receving the
> extension
> > number.  For example, if my fax machine is located on ext. 170, then I
> just
> > dial 170 from Asterisk on the PRI that is connected to the Legend.  I
> didn't
> > have to do half of what the manual says you have to do, because Asterisk
> > takes care of all the translations.
> >
> > On 4/30/06, Jerry Jones <jjones at danrj.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> You do not say how you have the two connected/
> >>
> >> Are you connecting the * to stations via fxo or to lines via fxs on
> >> the legacy?

> > --
> > Lacy Moore
> > Aspendora, Inc.