[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 30 15:14:55 MST 2006

Avi Miller wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
>> Maybe its just me, but it appears its no where near usable even with
>> the latest beta1 code.
>
> Its just you. I have FreePBX running on 6 production boxes across the
> country. I do very little additional scripting. 5 of the servers have a
> Eicon Diva Server V-4BRI card. The other (head office) server has a
> Digium TDM400P (4x FXO) and a Sangoma a101u (ISDN20). FreePBX manages
> all of those lines just fine.
>
> What problems are you having? Personally, I don't have any requirements
> over and above the standard FreePBX installation. And if I do, I just go
> bug the developers until they put it in. :)

Up until this beta1, I could not find a way to support the TDM400 analog
pstn card for incoming calls. For example, pstn line #1 receives normal
business calls, pstn line #2 receives special calls that need to be
routed differently then the context for #1, pstn lines #3 and #4 drop
strictly into an IVR.

With the FreePBX v2 code, I could not find a way to handle "any"
incoming TDM400 calls. With the beta1 code, they've added the ability to
address zap interfaces, but implies all four lines have to drop into the
same context. Not usable given the above.

I've got another system that has a PRI and a TDM400, and the PRI has to
handle DID's (which the v2 code appears it might be able to do), but
fell short on the TDM400 non-DID calls.

After implementing the beta1 code yesterday, it looks like they removed
several items (such as being able to edit conf files directly, crm, etc)
with no indication as to whether that is permanent or what.

So, how did you handle the TDM400 incoming pstn calls prior to beta1?

Rich