[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Sun Apr 30 15:23:13 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:
> address zap interfaces, but implies all four lines have to drop into the
> same context. Not usable given the above.

The new beta (2.1) allows you to route inbound based on Zap channel --
you could set each channel to route to a specific destination, and
FreePBX will create the dialplan for you.

> After implementing the beta1 code yesterday, it looks like they removed
> several items (such as being able to edit conf files directly, crm, etc)
> with no indication as to whether that is permanent or what.

No, those are A at H specific additions and have never been part of AMP or
FreePBX (i.e. the maintenance tab and the SugarCRM integration). FreePBX
is merely the GUI that creates/manages your dialplan.

Prior to 2.1 and even post 2.1, I have all my TDM400P inbound calls
coming to the same destination: The office IVR. Prior to 2.1, I used the
"catch-all" destination (i.e. no DID/CID defined) for these. Post-2.1, I
you could do it by Zap channel.

Check out #freepbx on irc.freenode.net for more support, or the
Documentation Wiki at http://aussievoip.com.au/wiki/freePBX

FreePBX is as flexible as you make it, essentially -- if it doesn't do
what you want it to do, feel free to write your own module (or fund the
development of one). =D

cYa,
Avi

P.S. I'm not a FreePBX developer -- I just hang out in IRC and bug the
real developers periodically. FreePBX does what I need, but obviously
Your Mileage May Vary.

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>