[Asterisk-Users] (Semi-OT) QoS Question FTP Living with Asterisk

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Sat Apr 29 20:05:42 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 21:17 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> My question is, how can I throttle the FTP (Standard with dist)
> transfers using out of the box CentOS4.3 (or any easy to use, low
> learning curve package)?  I thought about FTPing the files at less
> frequent intervals but that just makes the issue less frequent but last
> longer.

Is it the network/interrupt load or the CPU/RAM load that's causing the
issue?  If it's the later, seems like your SOL.  If it's the former, I
wonder if you could fiddle with traffic shaping in iptables to keep the
FTP traffic down.

Just a thought.

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park