[Asterisk-Users] (Semi-OT) QoS Question FTP Living with Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sat Apr 29 19:28:41 MST 2006

Ira wrote:
> At 06:17 PM 4/29/2006, you wrote:
>> My question is, how can I throttle the FTP (Standard with dist)
>> transfers using out of the box CentOS4.3 (or any easy to use, low
>> learning curve package)?  I thought about FTPing the files at less
>> frequent intervals but that just makes the issue less frequent but
>> last longer.
>
> A really cheesy solution would be a second Ethernet card for the file
> transfers set to 10mb mode.
>
> Ira

Not sure if cheesy is the right word.  Sound solution may be a better
adjective.  Adding two NICs, one to each machine and connecting them
directly via crossover cable on a totally separate network may be my
best solution.  No FTP traffic would even hit the NIC or the network
used for VoIP and everything else.

Unless there is a setting in Linux somewhere (still holding out hope)

Thanks,
Steve