[Asterisk-Users] PRIs from two different telco

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 28 07:15:03 MST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 09:53, Wai Wu wrote:
>  I don't realy mind if the algorithm work the same. The true issue here
> is how much CPU load is it going to save me over the software echo
> cancellation.

Depends on how many active channels, the algo used in the software EC, how the
driver's compiled (optimizations)...  it's not a simple answer.  You need to
benchmark it yourself.

My short answer is: If you're not running into CPU issues, don't worry about
the hardware EC.  You're not saving anything.  When you start having trouble
with CPU usage, look at getting the module and adding it in.

-A.