[Asterisk-Users] PRIs from two different telco

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Fri Apr 28 06:53:57 MST 2006

 I don't realy mind if the algorithm work the same. The true issue here
is how much CPU load is it going to save me over the software echo
cancellation.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Don Pobanz
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 9:46 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] PRIs from two different telco

Wai Wu wrote:
> One question thought, does
>  the hardware echo cancellation work much better than software?

I bought a Digium TE411P hoping the hardware echo canceler would improve
my echo problems over the software echo canceler, but had no performance
improvement. Since then I have heard that the Digium T1 cards use the
same algorithm for both hardware and software echo canceling so hardware
will only work better if your CPU is overloaded when doing software echo
canceling.

Don Pobanz