[Asterisk-Users] Call Pickup with CID info

Bevan Blackie bevan at northshorevoip.com.au
Thu Apr 27 16:36:33 MST 2006

I was wondering if someone could help me with this, I've searched high and
low to find more info but with no success. When I want to transfer a call
from another ringing sip phone to my sip handset I dial *8. This works but
the caller ID shows up as *8 on my handset. What I want to do is be able to
have the original caller id come up on my SIP phone rather than *8.

There was a page on VOIP info
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+bounty+Call+Pickup+with+CID+inf
o.+-+SIP ) that talked about doing this but it doesn't seem to be available
anymore. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bevan