[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 unregistered itself?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 27 18:17:58 MST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:35, William M Conlon wrote:
> sip show peers showed no ip address for my 501. Rebooted the phone
> and it's ok now.

Without packet traces (just log UDP/5060 or you'll capture the entire audio
stream too) you'll never know.

I'm wondering if Asterisk or the IP501 "forgets" to respond to SIP packets
from time to time and thus loses registration.  I've seen this with a variety
of SIP phones (UTStarComm F1000G lately) which makes me think that Asterisk
is doing this, but the phones are also to blame in the sense that they are
not "agressive" enough to keep trying.

-A.