[Asterisk-Users] Info system

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Apr 27 17:48:46 MST 2006

I would like to set-up a "info system".

A. weather
I found the code to get the weather report and with festival I can
create the audio file.
However, I have different location of my useres, which are easy to
distinguish with the users starting phone number. E.g. users in region A
would start their phone number with 54, while region B would start with
73, ....
How can I give the user the right weather report according to their own
phone number (without an agi) ?

B. Music charts
I would like to pull down from www.garageband.com new music and let
users play this music.
1. user should be able to set the quality (codec)
2. user should be able to vote for the music
3. is there a possibility to use video as well?

C. Gateway ratings
I am planning to announce the gateway number to the user. I also would
like to get a rating of the last phone call from the user.
I am not really sure what I info I want nor how I want this info. This
info could be just a rating of the gateway for the last called phone
number with: call time, called number, caller, gateway number.
More sophisticated would be to pull out all info we get from this call
(from the debug file) and send it by email to me.

Any ideas? Any starting points? (other than "google" or "wiki") Has
somebody experience with such things?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger