[Asterisk-Users] Touch tone recognition issues

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Apr 26 05:44:04 MST 2006

Bryan Mahin wrote:
> I'm experiencing touch tone recognition issues when calling some outside
> phone systems. For instance, if I call my Nextel phone, and try to press
> * to enter my voicemail, Nextel's system does not "hear" the DTMF tone.
> I've also experienced other outside phone systems for which I am unable
> to use their touch tone menus. Oddly, this isn't the case with all
> outside systems. If I call Dell, everything works great.
>

> Is this a known issue with asterisk? I'm hope there is a simple setting
> I've over looked.

This is from /path/to/src/asterisk/configs/zapata.conf.sample

; How long generated tones (DTMF and MF) will be played on the channel
; (in miliseconds)

Check there to see the option you must change to increase the DTMF tone
duration.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.