[Asterisk-Users] billing realtime

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Wed Apr 26 00:11:22 MST 2006

Nick Hoffman wrote:

>Hi Jon. If a customer has 10 minutes of call credit left and he makes 2
>concurrent calls, how do you know to cut off the 2 calls at the 5 minute
>mark rather than cut off both calls after 10 minutes?
>-- Nick
>e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
>p: +61 7 5591 3588
>f: +61 7 5591 6588
>
>If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
>use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
>copyright associated with it.

There's an application (sorry, which one, escapes me at the moment),
that gets around this by reserving a certain amount of credit per call.
Say the amount is 10 minutes, if you have 30 minutes worth of credit,
you can have 3 concurrent calls good for 10 minutes each.
The way I understand it, if you only have 15 minutes left in your
account, the first call will last for 10 and the next concurrent one for
5 minutes.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.