[Asterisk-Users] billing realtime

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Wed Apr 26 00:13:19 MST 2006

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On Wed April 26 2006 16:31, Jon Farmer <jon at bctech.co.uk> wrote:
>> JP Carballo wrote:
>>> Yes, certainly, through deadagi.
>>> I just have one question though, why reinvent the wheel?
>>> There are prepaid systems that work with asterisk.
>>
>> I have yet to find a prepaid system that allows multiple concurrent
>> calls per account. Most seem to be based on a pin number also which I
>> don't want. Anyone know of a system that allows concurrent calls? --
>> Jon Farmer
>> Telford, Shropshire, UK
>

> Hi Jon. If a customer has 10 minutes of call credit left and he makes
> 2 concurrent calls, how do you know to cut off the 2 calls at the 5
> minute mark rather than cut off both calls after 10 minutes?

The way we solved this is:

1/ Each account has incoming/outgoing channels
2/ Once call is started then the total balance is divided by number of
outgoing channels for that account. This sets the time limit.
3/ If more calls are made then each new call has same absolute timeout.

Above is not perfect, since we are limiting each call to less talk time then
total balance allows, hence why we are currently
looking into possibility in changing the value of absolute timeout in memory
for each of the calls.

Senad