[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 06:19:16 MST 2006

2006/4/21, Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de>:

> But if you want to forward a call (which was already accepted by Asterisk)
> to another CAPI application, it is not possible. (Well, Eicon has a
> special
> driver which can do a lot of CAPI extensions, but I did not try this yet).
> So if you want to do that, I suggest using just chan-capi for receiving
> faxes and maybe another application for sending faxes.
>
> Armin

This is exactly the heart of my question : is it possible to "accept" a call
with capi-enabled Asterisk, detect it's a fax and "forward" it somehow to a
hardware-enforced fax application on the same server.

Doing that you could get higher fax speeds and reliability and interesting
Asterisk features.

For Eicon people reading this list, do you know if Eicon drivers CAPI
extensions would allow that ?
Regards