[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sun Apr 23 07:25:02 MST 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Olivier Krief wrote:
> 2006/4/21, Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de>:
> >

> > But if you want to forward a call (which was already accepted by Asterisk)
> > to another CAPI application, it is not possible. (Well, Eicon has a
> > special
> > driver which can do a lot of CAPI extensions, but I did not try this yet).
> > So if you want to do that, I suggest using just chan-capi for receiving
> > faxes and maybe another application for sending faxes.
> >
> > Armin
> >
> This is exactly the heart of my question : is it possible to "accept" a call
> with capi-enabled Asterisk, detect it's a fax and "forward" it somehow to a
> hardware-enforced fax application on the same server.
>
> Doing that you could get higher fax speeds and reliability and interesting
> Asterisk features.

Why do you think you will get higher fax speeds or reliability?
There is no difference in receiving a fax over CAPI between chan-capi
and any fax-software like capi4hylafax. Both use the same CAPI commands
with the use of the card's fax capabilities.

What interesting features do you have in mind?

Eicon has this special driver 'mtpx' (multiplexor), which can combine many
Eicon CAPI controllers into one virtual controller. So Asterisk thinks it
has e.g. one controller (one BRI port) with 8 channels. And with this mtpx
driver other features are implemented, but I don't know all of them, because
I didn't use this driver that much.

Armin