[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and 7960s

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:15:02 MST 2006

> I've been following this thread and it's clear is mud...  Would someone care
> to summarize?
>
> Is it possible to automatically display the caller's number (true ANI in my
> case), caller name and caller address on a 7960 that's running 8.2?  We
> currently rewrite CID Number and CID Name with a PHP script that does
> database lookups, however we can't get anything more than the name to display
> on the 7960.
Not really sure what you're getting at here.  If the phone coming in has
proper caller id setup, the phone will show the callerid name and number.
The problem is the 8.2 firmware shows @ip-address at the end of the number
which doesn't do well in the directory on the phone and makes it difficult
to just redial missed numbers.

Are you talking about incoming calls with your php script, or the actual
directory that's being loaded from the phone?

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician
amdtech at shsu.edu