[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and 7960s

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Apr 19 08:28:14 MST 2006

On 15:08, Wed 19 Apr 06, dave wrote:
> The external directory is part of the cisco phones, nothing to do with
> * really. The internal extensions I have set up all work fine with the
> name using the callerid="Joe Blow" <1234> method you suggest. The plan
> was to add customers phone numbers to the directory.xml file so it
> comes up with their names when they call. At the moment it still jeust
> says their phone number whether they are in directory.xml or not.

That's something the phone cannot do.
We solved this by running a small agi that searches the
'xml' file when a call comes in on *.
I say 'xml' because it's all auto created from a database,
so * queries the database, and the <DirectoryUrl> in the
cisco points to a php script that makes a nice xml output
from the same database.

Hope this helps
--
Michiel van Baak