[Asterisk-Users] Phones that work well through NAT

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Tue Apr 18 06:57:11 MST 2006

So how do you get a Polycom phone to work with * over NAT?  I can't seem to get it to work.  If I forward ports, I can get one-way audio, but that’s it.  Looking at a packet capture, it appears that my phone is trying to send data to the internal address of the * server, which is of course, not available from the private side of the NAT lan...  I have a polycom soundpoint IP 500.

Thanks
Sean