[Asterisk-Users] Agents, Queues, and Voicemail

Kyle Sexton ks at mocker.org
Mon Apr 17 07:00:06 MST 2006

All,

I am experiencing an issue where if an agent is logged into the queue, but
has their client closed.  It appears that when the queue calls the agent, it
goes through the macro I have setup for that user and will dump them to
voicemail if unavailable.  This pulls the call out of the queue, which is
not what I would like to happen.  I am wondering if this is the expected
behavior and I should rewrite my macro to handle checking if an agent is
logged into the queue, or if there is a way to realize when a call comes
from the Queue() application to not dump to voicemail and just ring the
agent.

My ideal setup would be agents can log into a queue.  If a call comes from
the Queue() application it get's passed around via round robin (or whatever
I have configured).  If the call does not get passed from Queue() (a
"normal" call), then proceed to the user's macro and go to voicemail, etc..

Please let me know if you have questions about my setup.

Thanks,
Kyle Sexton