Faxing and PCI (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, sodisappointing !)

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 07:51:27 MST 2006

2006/4/16, Koopmann, Jan-Peter <Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de>:

> The drivers for their BRI/PRI cards are totally independant from the
> standard HFC driver. I own a QuadBRI card and do not have any timing
> problems whatsoever.

We used this card and still got faxing problems (roughly 95% of faxes worked
OK but 5% of fax communications are cut).

We couldn't get any help from Junghanns backing that their cards really
support "active channel switching capability (to bridge B channels on the
card without latency and not using the host CPU)" as mentionned in the
datasheet.

Maybe this statement is true up to a given CPU or memory load ?

Cheers
Olivier