Faxing and PCI (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, sodisappointing !)

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Sun Apr 16 01:09:35 MST 2006

On Saturday, April 15, 2006 3:17 PM Remco Barende wrote:

> I heard that Junghanns is working on such an interconnection. It is
> already possible to connect their PRI cards, and they are working on
> BRI<->PRI.

Correct. The next driver generation is supposed to support this fully.

> I ise their bristuff for an HFC-S BRI card and am not happy at all
> with the way they implemented timing, without applying the florz
> patch I have lots of problems (lockups, lost line etc.)
>
> My hesitation is with the driver, I think florz only fixes HFC-S if I
> would run into similar trouble with PRI I would be in deep trouble.

The drivers for their BRI/PRI cards are totally independant from the
standard HFC driver. I own a QuadBRI card and do not have any timing
problems whatsoever.

> But it would certainly fix faxing.

Bristuff will help anyway. You can disable echo can and modulations
(rx/txgain) on a per call basis which is very important for faxing and
bridged call faxing.

Kind regards,
  JP