[Asterisk-Users] call center running Asterisk - sound quality-critical!

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Wed Apr 12 07:53:20 MST 2006

Just good old monitor with no mixing onto the scsi drive.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tamas
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:55 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] call center running Asterisk - sound
quality-critical!

Hi,

how do you record calls? Monitor app. or MixMonitor or something else?
How does your storage backend looks like?
What kind of channels do you use? Do you record IAX2 channels?
Regards,
 Tamas

Wai Wu wrote:
> You got to be kidding about 53 calls being recorded at sametime is an
issue. I have done at least twice as many on my dual xeon 3.4Ghz system
and had no problem as clients like to record every call that goes
through the system. Then again, in my system, the in and out channels
are mixed first before they are written to the disk.