[Asterisk-Users] Call tracking through chan_agent using the Manager API

Paul Robins paul at gamingmp.com
Fri Apr 7 12:35:23 MST 2006

Hey,
  We've been working on tracking all inbound calls to certain
call-centre members and have hit a snag, it seems when a queue delivers
a call to an Agent, chan_agent will call Local/whatever but provide no
means of associating the call in the queue with the local call. To that
end i added in an event called AgentAssociate which looks like this:

          'DestChan' => 'Local/1001 at test-normal-2bad,1',
          'Event' => 'AgentAssociate',
          'Privilege' => 'agent,all',
          'UniqueID' => '1144425133.1',
          'Agent' => '1001'

Is this an appropriate solution to my problems or am i missing out on
something vital? The key thing that this event gives us is the agent +
call IDs plus the originating Local channel, this way it's trivial to
link the two sets of calls together.

Cheers

--
Paul Robins