[Asterisk-Users] Beeps and noises during calls

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 7 12:27:21 MST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 15:03, Sean Garland wrote:
> The beeps are not DTMF tones (at least they don't sound like it).  It
> sounds more like the system is trying to compensate for something or
> adjusting something.  There is a beep, sometimes several, or maybe one
> or 2 in a row, and it can be faint, or loud, or whatever, but is always
> the same pitch and tone.  Sometimes it is accompanied with loud talkback
> to the earpiece.   I'm going nuts, and cannot in good conscience,
> install or recommend this to anyone till I can resolve this.  It has

Sounds like the system is either sharing interrupts or the system has a REALLY
crappy PCI bus.  I ran across this on two motherboards, one of which was
really suprising because it was a decent vendor (Asus) and wasn't doing
anything other than Asterisk.

You don't need shared interrupts to get this.  I had issues with a Sangoma
A101u and Sangoma S518 in the same box (cheapass Dell P3) -- they were not
sharing interrupts but the T1 would have all kinds of glitches JUST like you
describe.  Put a Digium T100P in place of the A101u and it worked great.
(Sounds counter to the typical threads here, but it's the truth, I swear.)
Again, these two cards were NOT sharing interrupts with each other or any
other devices on the system.

-A.