[Asterisk-Users] Beeps and noises during calls

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Fri Apr 7 12:03:30 MST 2006

The beeps are not DTMF tones (at least they don't sound like it).  It
sounds more like the system is trying to compensate for something or
adjusting something.  There is a beep, sometimes several, or maybe one
or 2 in a row, and it can be faint, or loud, or whatever, but is always
the same pitch and tone.  Sometimes it is accompanied with loud talkback
to the earpiece.   I'm going nuts, and cannot in good conscience,
install or recommend this to anyone till I can resolve this.  It has
happened with 2 separate installs of *, with different hardware,
different packages installed (one is * 1.2.4 with freepbx, the other was
* 1.0 with nothing), and different digium hardware.  The only thing that
was the same is the Polycom phones, and SBC as a provider for the POTS
lines...

HELP!!!!!

Thanks
Sean Garland