[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Apr 6 11:02:44 MST 2006

Andrew wrote:
> Digium's not in the business of selling connectivity.  :-)  But yes, I
> cannot say enough good things about the S518.  I love these things.
> Having the outgoing packet queue in the kernel and under direct
control
> also lets you get much closer to your rated upstream bandwidth and
still
> keep good call quality.

> I love the S518s and recommend them anywhere I can.  I would KILL for
> miniPCI version, even if I had to have the Part68 interface off-card.

One idea I suggested to Sangoma, and it sounds like there are at least
a few people here that might back the concept.  I also love my S518, and
would love it more if it was available as an option on the FXO module
for the A200.

Then I wouldn't have to choose between internet connectivity or POTS
connectivity on SFF systems that I like to use for PBX/firewall devices
in a SoHo.

Dan