[Asterisk-Users] Pickup() h323

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Apr 6 10:58:43 MST 2006

Dinesh wrote:
> ok, i'm not getting into a my H323 is better than yours argument, but
> we've been struggling to get OOH323 working with OHPHONE. symptoms are
> that calls from SIP <--> OhPhone work fine, but when OhPhone calls
SIP,
> the call is hungup the moment the SIP phone answers. any clues why ?

I did not intend to get that ball rolling.  Each of the H.323 channels
have at least one area that they work better than the others.  The
key is to find out which one works better for your needs.

As to your problem, I have nothing specific, but I suspect codec/bearer
capability issues, which is one area of weakness in ooh323.  We only use
it for trunking to CCM and have no H.323 clients.  I have had excellent
results with running a debug build of chan_ooh323 and submitting the
logs to the ooh323 developer list.

Dan