[Asterisk-Users] Re: Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Mon Apr 3 09:23:46 MST 2006

Double-check your asterisk.conf file.

I did a new build of asterisk and the ctl file was pointing to the /var/run folder.

I changed the asterisk.conf to use the /var/run/asterisk folder which is writable by my asterisk user.
everything was fine after that.

my ctl and pid files are in the /var/run/asterisk folder.

Note:  if asterisk is failing to make the ctl file, it is also likely to not be making the pid file, so if you are using
safe_asterisk to start asterisk, you will have troubles. (ex: safe_asterisk stop, will not stop asterisk)

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

news:E251506D3758AA4882130317D52ACD3215442A at land-edm-hs2.landmarkhomes.net...