[Asterisk-Users] quick question on ztdummy

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Sep 30 12:57:27 MST 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:49:19PM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> On 13:28, Fri 30 Sep 05, Jerry Geis wrote:
> >/ asterisk is running fine. I removed my 2 port TDM02B and now I must
> />/ compile ztdummy.
> />/ I edited the makefile changed the # ztdummy to just ztdummy (removed
> #). />/ recompiled.
> />/ did modprobe ztdummy and everything worked....
> />/
> />/ However, now when I reboot it is not automatically loading ztdummy?
> />/ Should it be?
> />/ I would expect it to?
> />/
> />/ What did I miss?
> />/
> /
> >Edit /etc/modules
> >It should be listed there
>
> It is there:
> install ztdummy /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdummy && /sbin/ztcfg

huh?

'modprobe ztdummy' will do what you want.

ztdummy does not require any configuration. Hence no need for ztcfg.

> lsmod | grep ztdummy reports nothing.

If you just installed, make sure that 'depmod -a' was run.

Alternatively, insmod the module directly. But this may not work for the
next boot.

Also try 'modinfo ztdummy' to check if the module name is listed for the
current kernel.