[Asterisk-Users] Linksys register hangs Asterisk!

Johannes asterisk at radiokanaler.com
Fri Sep 30 11:53:26 MST 2005

Hey,

I'w got a problem (bug maybe?).

I have recently got my Asterisk to work perfect and I'm not trying to
setup some dial routes and get the system working as I wan't it to.

Yesterday I was installing Festival and also did a "aptitude upgrade" on
my Debian Unstable installation.
After that the problem started.

After some serious testing yesterday night and today I have tracked down
the problem to that it it is my Linksys WRTG54GP2 (Router with ATA) that
causes asterisk to stop working.

Everytime it tries to register asterisk stops working normally. It don't
register any more information with sip debug activated. No incoming calls
is displayed and asterisk seems just to be seeing nothing that is going
on.

I tried to restart asterisk and then make a incoming call directly, that
goes well. Asterisk answers and posts the normal route with voice answers.
Then I can see that the Linksys router is trying to register and after
that everything stops working.

If I disable the linksys router to register itself everything works well,
asterisk answers and gived me the options to choose extension.

So the problem is caused by the registration of Linksys.
This is the debug log from the registration until asterisk stops (moved to
the bottom of this mail)

One interesting line is that the "Call-ID:" line after the @ contains the
IP number to the Linksys router WITHOUT THE LAST NUMBER in the address!
How can that be? The other lines containg the IP number is correct (in the
log replaced by <Linksys-IP>).
Can this be the cause for the problem ?
If not can there be anything else in this log that indicates what the
problem is?

Hope someone got an answer because this is driving me crazy since I got it
all working this weekend after 2 weeks of trouble.

Regards,
~Johannes