[Asterisk-Users] voip alarm circuit

Alex Pavlovic alex at taskforce-1.com
Fri Sep 30 11:56:33 MST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to get my ADT alarm panel ( Lynx24R )  to work with asterisk
and sipura SPA 2000. So far the alarm company has been recieveing lot of
undefined events.

Someone suggested I should change communication format to 4x2
instead of default Ademco CID. Unfortantely ADT is reluctant to hand
me over the information I need. I can change the communication format
on the panel since I already have the manual but I need different alarm
reciever's dial number, etc... which ADT says they have but so far have not
given it to me.

The current setup I have is as follows:

House Line -> SIPURA SPA 2000 -> Asterisk PBX -> Asterisk PBX -> Telco end ->
Alarm company

Basically my house phone line connects to sipura ata which then connects to
asterisk PBX on my LAN in the house. From here the local asterisk PBX
talks to another PBX I have in the co-location facility which has PRI
interface ( the two asterisk boxes talk over IAX channel ).

Now I am wondering is there any way for me to pass through contact id
information properly to their reciever's end, using this setup since this way
I would not need to alter the panel's communication format. I noticed
asterisk had "AlarmReceiver" cmd which works with Ademco CID. I am
wondering is there any way for me to do this ?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.