[Asterisk-Users] please help on FreeTDS (writing CDR to MS-SQL or MySQL)

Andy Kuo akuoca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:18:43 MST 2005

Hi,
 I'm trying to install FreeTDS. I followed the instructions on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=FreeTDS, but still can't get it
to work.
I serched around trying to find instructions on it, and it seems the same
info (even wording) appear on all sites I found.
 I downloaded freetds-0.63, and followed the instructions step by step, and
when I try to re-compile Asterisk (#make in /usr/src/asterisk), I got these
errors:
 cdr_tds.c: In function `mssql_connect':
cdr_tds.c:429: error: `TDSCONNECTINFO' undeclared (first use in this
function)
cdr_tds.c:429: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cdr_tds.c:429: error: for each function it appears in.)
cdr_tds.c:429: error: `connection' undeclared (first use in this function)
cdr_tds.c:474: warning: implicit declaration of function `tds_free_connect'
make[1]: *** [cdr_tds.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/cdr'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
 I think I might need to put in info such as the IP, DB name, user,
password, etc. of my SQL server, but I'm not sure what the correct format
is.
 Can anyone please give me an example? Are there anything else I do wrong
here? or Are there different versions of instructions on the topic?
 Thank you all in advance.
AK