[Asterisk-Users] Re: NOTICE[180235]: chan_zap.c:7358 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: 6 on Primary D-channel of span 1

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:30:36 MST 2005

On 7/6/05, Lance Grover <lance.grover at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting:
> NOTICE[180235]: chan_zap.c:7358 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: 6 on
> Primary D-channel of span 1
>
> on my asterisk box and it seems to be causing a poping sound in the
> phones, I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I have
> scanned the archives and get possibilities ranging form motherboards,
> to pri, to loaded module problems. Can someone tell me the best way
> to start tracking this down?

Well I finally got this working properly so I just wanted to thank all those
that sent me suggestions. It seems that this error can come because of to
many modules, or IRQ issues, or whatever but for me it boiled down to the
fact that in my /etc/zaptel.conf I was not using my PRI as the primary time
source, I had it as the secondary and I only had one PRI attached. I hate it
when it is something little and easy to fix, especially when it is your
fault. After changing the config file so that it used the PRI as the primary
time source the error went away and I have not seen it since, it is nice.

Just for those that don't know what I am talking about this is what the
offending line said in my zaptel.conf file:
span=1,2,0,esf,b8zs

This is what I changed it to so that now it works:
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

it was just that easy.

--
Thanks,