[Asterisk-Users] T.38 Faxing

Andy Kuo akuoca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:08:56 MST 2005

Hi,
 It sounds like Asterisk should handle T.38 fax (at least at very light
load). However, I am having troubles faxing through a Linksys PAP2 NA. It
doesn't seem to get through at all. Everything else (voice calls) works just
fine. I am using Asterisk Business Edition (ABE-A.1). I have faxdetect=both
in zapata.conf, and I wonder if there's anything else I'm missing. I know I
won't get 100% with fax over IP, but the success rate for fax on my Asterisk
box is just way too low (about 5%, I would say).
 Can you please tell me what ATA you are using? Could it be that the PAP2
doesn't support fax?
 Please advice.
Thank you.
AK