[Asterisk-Users] T.38 Faxing

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed Sep 28 15:32:18 MST 2005

Andy Kuo schrieb:
> It sounds like Asterisk should handle T.38 fax (at least at very light
> Can you please tell me what ATA you are using?  Could it be that the

Hi,

are you sure, your ATA does support T.38?
If so, you'll need the most recent CVS versions of asterisk,
and rather consider yourself as tester than expecting a
reliable support of T.38 passing through.

Imho T.38 passing through won't be interfered by other traffic
on the same gateway.
It will work or not, but not very depending on system load.

Maybe you are talking about common (ananlog) faxing.
I tested the IAXy, a Sipura ATA and the FritzboxFon. The latter
is one of the best ATAs I ever saw. All those three enable
faxing under the condition, the ping round trip to the gateway
to PSTN is not too long. Below 20ms should be reasonable.

The quality and reliability of this setup is excellent.

Roger.