[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Setup Questions

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Mon Sep 26 14:32:30 MST 2005

OK I have just gone live with asterisk in a new office with approx 40
Polycom 501 handsets.  I have a few questions:

1) Call Parking:  I am able to park calls using the standard Asterisk
call parking system (transfer to ext *70 etc...)  I would like to make
this a little easier for my users The Polycom 501s w/ SIP 1.5.2 seem to
support some type of standard call parking, however I don't think it
works with Asterisk.  Is this true?  Is there a way to integrate the to
call parking system etc?

1a) If I can't use the Polycom built-in call park feature, is there a
way to remap one of the buttons on the left (the services button for
example) to dial *70 for my users?

2) Transferring Calls:  They way our office operates, I would prefer the
default transfer method to be a blind transfer.  Is there a way to
reprogram the Polycoms to default to blind transfers?

There are more questions but that is all for now :-)

Thanks,

Matt