[Asterisk-Users] VPB Driver Question

Ian Bonham bon_the_one at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 10:18:58 MST 2005

Hi,

I hope some can help me out, as I have a problem with the vpb driver in *,
and I am hoping someone has hit these issues and can offer some advice.

First off, I'm connected to a British Telecom SystemX exhange with the local
Tel Co. I can ring out fine, but when the callee on POTS answers, the vpb
driver detects a loop drop and immediantly disconnects the call. I have
currently set LoopDropDetect = 0 in vpb.conf but then when the remote user
terminates the call, and I hang up on my Polycom Sip phone, SystemX calls me
back straight away. So I really need Loop Drop Detection working so I can
end the call properly, but if LoopDropDetect = 1 the call is terminated as
soon as the callee answers. Does anyone know of a work around? I came in
this morning to find 1800ish missed calls where SystemX had tried calling
back because vpb was keeping the line alive.

Second issue is that I can call out on port 1-4 and dial back into * from
POTS. The incoming call is recieved and answered by the autoatendant on port
1-1. However if I go to another phone and try to initiate another call, I
cannot grab another line (1-3 would be next outgoing on the card). I either
get a dead line or just the SystemX dial tone, as though the vpb has opened
the line, but not sent the DTMF.

If anyone can help I would really appriciate it,

Kind Regards,

Ian Bonham