[Asterisk-Users] dialplan game

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Sep 24 22:58:17 MST 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 10:08:19PM -0700, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> Has anyone built a game with the dialplan?  I would think this would
> most easily be managed by an AGI, but its possible with realtime
> extensions.
>
> The game would be like 'adventure' that I first played on a prime in
> 1979.  Or any of the infocom games (ie zork).  Infact since the infocom
> spec is known it might be possible to plug in the data files directly
> from an AGI.
>
> If anyone has done this I would love to hear about it.

Such a game requires the player to keep a lot of state information in
the head. Why not start with something simpler?

I forgot the English name of the game, but it's the game where one
player randomly chooses 4 digits and the other player has to guess them
and their right order, and for each guess the reply is the total number
of correct digits and the total number of digits that are also in the
right place.

Also, looking at the package bsdgames, some games are command-line based
and thus could be adapted to a dialplan control. There are some
adventure-type games. And there is also monop (monopoly). Though
frankly, I'm not sure those would be of any atraction to any user.

You do need the game to sing a little bit, as it can't dance. But
singing will become annoying after a while if there's no simple way of
skipping it.