[Asterisk-Users] dialplan game

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Sep 24 23:30:45 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 08:58 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 10:08:19PM -0700, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> > Has anyone built a game with the dialplan?  I would think this would
> > most easily be managed by an AGI, but its possible with realtime
> > extensions.
> >
> > The game would be like 'adventure' that I first played on a prime in
> > 1979.  Or any of the infocom games (ie zork).  Infact since the infocom
> > spec is known it might be possible to plug in the data files directly
> > from an AGI.
> >
> > If anyone has done this I would love to hear about it.
>
> Such a game requires the player to keep a lot of state information in
> the head. Why not start with something simpler?

Becuase something else is not what I want.  The ability to read dtmf and
play some response via a TTS engine isnt that hard, just wanted to talk
to someone who has done it, specifically to get the scope they did and
some other info.

And you dont have to keep a lot in your head, there isnt a lot you can
do with a keyboard and monitor, so why do you think you have to keep a
lot of information in your head?

> Also, looking at the package bsdgames, some games are command-line based
> and thus could be adapted to a dialplan control. There are some
> adventure-type games. And there is also monop (monopoly). Though
> frankly, I'm not sure those would be of any atraction to any user.

I dont quite think you understand what I wanted.  Monopoly was not a
text based adventure game like zork or adventure was way back when).  I
am not looking for any game that can use text as its output, I am
looking for text based adventure, possibly MUD to allow for interaction
with others (although that can be slightly more tricky).

> You do need the game to sing a little bit, as it can't dance. But
> singing will become annoying after a while if there's no simple way of
> skipping it.

what?  All it needs is a quality TTS engine and the ability to read
dtmf.  There are alternatives to festival so the TTS end is covered, and
unless something fundamentally changed it can read dtmf with the
greatest of ease.  So I dont know what you are talking about with
relation to singing.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378