[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Open source time card application for Asterisk

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Sep 23 15:54:40 MST 2005

As long as you are sending a number that you are authorized to use,
there is no harm done. I think it might be addressed by FCC and state
PUCs along with the telcos. The reason for that would be money - if the
quality of the feature is degraded the value goes down.

I just hope the rulemakers don't go overboard. Setting the caller ID
number for honest purposes should be allowed. I think that cell carriers
would already be doing it if there was an easy way to verify you have
rights to the number you want sent.