[Asterisk-Users] Callprogress and TDM400 in Brasil

Ricardo Poppi rpoppi77 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:10:14 MST 2005

Hi list! I´m trying to put to work the "callprogress=yes" for outgoing
calls using the FXO port of my TDM400 digium board.

The main reason to try that is that I DON´T WANT the asterisk to start
billing my calls before the PSTN called party answers the line. With the
callprogress disabled, asterisk detects an answer imediately after the
line starts ringing and before the other party have answered the line.

So, using the callprogress with the "progzone=br" I get the following
problem (CLI point of view):

1) Asterisk executes the Dial comand and detects that the other party is
ringing:

   -- Dial(Zap/g1/XXXXXXXXX|30|r)
   -- Zap/2-1 is ringing
   -- Zap/2-1 is ringing
   -- Zap/2-1 is ringing
   -- Zap/2-1 is ringing
   -- Zap/2-1 is ringing

2) But, when the other part answers, it detects the "hello" as a ringing
too!!. And everything said by the called party is detected as a ring!!!

3) Just if the other party gives a great shout: "AAAAAAAA" then finaly
callprogress detects this as an answer:

-- Zap/2-1 answered
SIP/XXXXXXXX-7df7

Do anybody has worked with callprogress before? Any clue about witch
parameter inside zonedata.c I could change to correct this detection?

There is any other way to make asterisk bill outgoing zapata calls not
from the time it starts calling but from the time the other party answers?

Rgs, Ricardo Poppi.