[Asterisk-Users] POP3 and TTS (Festival?)

Alchaemist info at lnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 21 13:34:23 MST 2005

Hi,

            Has anybody seen a non commercial, or freeware, or GPL, or even
CHEAP... POP/IMAP to Text-to-speech?

            I have a working version for POP3 using festival. It DOES
work... it even cleans the email contents to get the actual content. It
works great with Outlook emails and similar, and skips non
multipart/alternative (that would be mainly SPAM, where the email is just
html or multipart without the text/plain alternative).

            BUT, festival does really sound BAD when reading...

            AND... IMAP would be preferable, because you can mark emails as
read, instead I have to go over all the emails I have. So if I can get past
this without further coding... would be great.

            I tested with Cepstral.. it seems quite good... perhaps somebody
has another option, preferable as cheap as cepstral...

            In, short... any experiences with this?

            Cheers!
Alchaemist