[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Dialing Out - "Cannot be completed as dialed"

John Novack (port) jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Sep 19 17:35:14 MST 2005

Barry King wrote:

>John Novack wrote:
>

>>> I'm not sure how I'm going to listen in, either.  The only thing I can think of is making myself a "lineman's handset" out of an old phone and plugging into the phone box outside.
>>>

>>Not sure why you need to "go outside" to listen in. a simple 268 style
>>"t" adapter for modular plugs would do. I assume you are in the US .
>>

>Oh, hello.  Yeah, that would work.

Insert a .1 mF cap ( value not critical ) in series with the handst or
phone. You can't talk, but will be able to hear what's going on, and you
will find that Asterisk begins to dial as soon as it goes off hook

Ohers have reported that version 1.0.9 respnds to the "w" in the dial
string. Look through the archives for the last several weeks.
It doesn't work in my version of head from Feb 24, with dialpulse=yes
though.

Best just install the patches you found on the Wiki

Good luck

John Novack