[Asterisk-Users] Most desireable Linux distribution for Asterisk?

Nathan Pralle tarsi at binhost.com
Mon Sep 19 13:07:31 MST 2005

>>>We have a few Asterisk boxes running under Fedora C3 with no issues.
>>>Before we roll into full production mode, we're wondering if the gurus
>>>prefer any particular Linux distribution?

Asterisk is really, really good at running on just about anything.
Where you get into distributions that are better or otherwise is when
you add in 3rd party utilities, tools, and applications.  If you are
using a bunch of those, check for THEIR requirements, as the
distribution might matter more.

I'm using Slackware on my Asterisk boxes and it runs like a dream.  I
have also managed Asterisk on FreeBSD, Debian, and RedHat w/o problems.

Nathan