[Asterisk-Users] Most desireable Linux distribution for Asterisk?

José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández pablo.fernandez at reliable.com.ar
Mon Sep 19 12:29:19 MST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 16:06, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 14:05, Mon 19 Sep 05, Asterisk Lists wrote:
> > We have a few Asterisk boxes running under Fedora C3 with no issues.
> > Before we roll into full production mode, we're wondering if the gurus
> > prefer any particular Linux distribution?
> >
> > There are pre-packaged Asterisk solutions out there based on WBEL,
> > CentOS and a few others, so there doesn't seem to be a "de-facto best
> > choice", but I figured it was worth asking.
>
> Hi,
>
> There is no real answer to your question.
> just use one you're most familiar with.
>
> Personally I wouldn't survive without Debian ;)
And I would with it, I prefeer Gentoo.
Not tring to start a flamewar, just to show that there are various
distributions that are good for asterisk, almost any mainstream distro
targetted at servers (I wouldn't expect Ark Linux to be a good distro for
Asterisk) may be a good distro, and the big ones like Debian and Gentoo
already have some Asterisk packages.
--
José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández