[Asterisk-Users] PRI to PRI passthrough with DID intact

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:05:25 MST 2005

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the following will
work if all you trying to do is have asterisk bridge the call between
the Telco and the Panasonic, and as far as the Panasonic is concerned
it should look as if coming from the Telco.
Plug the PRI from the telco into the first Digum T1 card.
Plug a crossover T1 from the Panasonic to the second Digium T1 card.
/etc/zaptel.conf

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone = us
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=25-47
dchan=48
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
priindication = outofband
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
canpark=no
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
accountcode=I
musiconhold=default

channel => 1-23
context=panasonic
swichtype=national
priindication = outofband
signalling=pri_net

group=2
channel => 25-47

/etc/asterisk/extensiosn.conf
[default]

exten => _X.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/g2)
[panasonic]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

The above will allow you to just have asterisk sitting in between
doing nothing, besides for passing the calls from Telco to Panasonic.
If you are trying to test Asterisk this is a great way of doing it,
just remember to read the following:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-asterisk+config+extensions.conf+sorting

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=crossover+T1+cable