[Asterisk-Users] PRI to PRI passthrough with DID intact

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Sep 14 05:40:40 MST 2005

I currently have:    Telco-PRI ---- Panasonic DBS576 PBX ---- E&M wink
T1 ---- Asterisk.
I have configured the Panasonic to forward my Asterisk DIDs to the Asterisk
extensions over the T1.
I do not get DID nor CID on the Asterisk, so I want to use PRI between the
PBXs.
I do not want to pay for another PRI card for the Panasonic. (T1 and PRI are
different cards)

I see this as my least expensive solution:  Telco-PRI ---- Asterisk ----
PRI ---- Panasonic DBS576 PBX.
I have a second Digium T1/PRI card available.

I am going to make the change after hours and know that I may have things to
fiddle with after it is in use, but my biggest concern is getting my current
Panasonic DIDs to come over from the Asterisk.

I know that I can make a DID list pointing to the Panasonic extensions and
assume that the dialplan will send the to the Panasonic. But I think this
will be a dialed extension and not a DID call.

But, I am assuming that there is another feature that can see the DID from
the Telco and forward the call to the Panasonic as a DID call.

I guess I am saying that I am not sure what the best option is.

Please advise.

PS.  The Asterisk is still in testing phase and the people with Asterisk
extensions know that they may not always have service, but when I make this
change, the Panasonic MUST still be fully functional.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.