[Asterisk-Users] Realtime IAX

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:22:13 MST 2005

On 9/2/05, Chris A. Icide <chris at netgeeks.net> wrote:

> Dana Olson wrote:
>

> Chris,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I checked those settings, and they were commented out, so I uncommented
> them. I assumed you meant rtnoupdate=yes, so that's what I put, but that
> didn't work. I tried rtnoupdate=no, and that didn't work either.
>
> I do have a register statement in my iax.conf, and that works - I can get
> my inbound calls no problem.
>
> Dana
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Actually, the current CVS Head usage is rtupdate=<yes|no>, it was changed
> from rtnoupdate=<yes|no> not too long ago. If you are using 1.2 I'm not
> sure which is correct. I went through this battle of getting this to work
> the beginning of this week, and the four settings I listed in my last post
> made all the difference.
>
> -Chris

Just to follow up with this thread, kpflemming provided the solution that I
overlooked - the port column in the iax table was set to 0 instead of 4569.
I didn't think to change it because the wiki said that the port, ipaddr, etc
were all optional. For IAX peers, the port is not optional. I added a note
to the wiki stating so as well.

--
Dana