[Asterisk-Users] Anyone knows how to receive a SIP call withoutregistering gateway?

Enzo Michelangeli enzomich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:24:47 MST 2005

Well, a SIP authorization does not require a registration (in fact, registration should be primarily used to inform a registrar about the whereabouts of a UA with dynamic IP address in order to handle incoming calls _for_ that UA).

CS can just create for his Asterisk a "type=user" entry in sip.conf containing "username" (equal to the section's title) and "secret" both matching the remote peer's own: his Asterisk will then react to an INVITE from that peer with a "401" reply containing a nonce as challenge; the peer will then retry the INVITE with valid credentials based on the shared secret and the nonce.

Enzo