[Asterisk-Users] Anyone knows how to receive a SIP call without registering gateway?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:49:46 MST 2005

 What they're asking you to do is quite insecure to be doing over public IP.
At the very least, you should confirm that there is a static IP that these
calls will be coming from and only accept calls from that IP, but that's
still not quite as secure as digest authentication that would be available
via registration.
  If you know what IP the calls are coming from, you simply insert a host=
XX.XX.XX.XX instead of host=dynamic in your sip.conf for that peer and calls
should then come in as they did before without them having to register. If
they are pre-pending digits on to the front of what you're interpreting as
the dialed number/extension, you may choose to lop them off in
extensions.conf, but aside from that this is fairly straight forward.